October 30, 2011

fake blues

♫ by Real Estate

Know what's really nice right now? Hot coffee on a Sunday afternoon. I'm procrastinating as usual but it's just AP homework.. no big deal right? Anyway, I'm glad I was able to get some portfolio-worthy photos these past few days. Actually just from Friday but some fortunate and unfortunate events had come up since. I busted a vein Thursday morning playing volleyball.. going to the doctor Friday morning only made me more embarrassed that I can't play it right. But I've been playing volleyball forevaaa, not competitively, so I get it but nobody over and underhand serves a ball that ultimately feels like a basketball for 30 minutes straight. It was just bound to hit my wrist instead of my palm after all that time.

So it was a half day Friday and we wanted to ice skate! I found out that Citi Pond decided to delay because of Thursday's rain so we had to wait till it opened to the public at 6pm. It was 11:45am when I found out. What the fuck were we going to do for six hours? It was freezing like abnormal fall weather is and like the art majors we are, we went to the NYPL and discovered some awesome stuff at their 100 anniversary exhibition like E.E. Cumming's typewriter and the original copy of George Washington's Farewell Address, which we agreed is a bigger deal than just sitting there behind some plexiglass. Somehow six hours went by quickly and we still ended up being in the first 100 skaters range for free rentals even though most of us had our own. I still can't believe I waited seven hours to get on the ice but it was worth it. We were all tired by the end and Phil learned to skate for the first time.


Saturday it snowed. It's still not Halloween and it snowed a few inches. I hope we don't get outrageous blizzards this winter though. There are too many good things to happen next season, they just can't be ruined. After the SATs this weekend, I can finally start borrowing the school studio for more photo shoots. I haven't had time to commit to it and I just want to get back behind the camera and under the lights again. Mucho exciteddd.

Also, can whoever posts my photos on weheartit stop? And is it also possible for you to not use my photos as your profile pictures without letting me know? Thankssss. I'd like to delete my flickr in the future and just have one portfolio site but I can't now because they'll still be all over the internet and I don't even know if they're credited. Just sayin.

I love these photos so muchhhh. I want to watch a movie but nooo I have to take notes on catacombs and funerary art of the late antiquity period. booooo

facebook | tumblr | flickr | prints