June 26, 2012

graduation

I'm so glad it's all over. I am totally done with the NYC Public School system. This Class of 2012 graduated at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center, the name and place we have been waiting for all year.







I complained the whole time about how hungry I was. I hadn't eaten anything for seven hours by the time it ended. I was kinda worried I'd faint for the first time at my own graduation but luckily, it didn't happen. Even though it was like four hours long, the whole thing went by like a breezy roller coaster. And as much as I hated high school, I'm proud to be an alum of the Fame School!


I'm waiting till the end of the week to develop film because graduating still hasn't hit me yet and there are more events to come! But I'll spill about what's happened lately. I made parfait! It's kinda like making a salad but I had to make the cake and it's been so long since I last made one so I had to re-bake it because the center deflated. Add diced strawberries, whipped cream, and a vanilla wafer and you get my ideal parfait!


After that, I made dinner for my lonely self because everyone else was gone. I made baked ziti except not with ziti but rotini and not ground beef but with cut-up cocktail franks. By the time it was done, I was only able to eat a quarter of it and then I went to the basement and fell asleep in the dark guestroom with my cat. And this morning, I got a package and what do I love more than mail? Solestruck! They sent me the incredible to-die-for Sam Edelman Holmby clutch. It is so hardcore and roomy to fit all the shit I carry around, I can't wait to use it! Now I'm gonna go watch my cat sleep because she's cute.